European Commission – European Agency for Education and Culture (EACEA) is co-financing the project “FLUX – Female Digital Creativity,” which will over the next 26 months, from December 1, 2023 to January 31, 2025, be implemented by non-profit organizations Labin Art Express XXI, Labin & Alice in Blockchains, Zagreb (HR), Museum of Transitory Art, Ljubljana (SI), and social  enterprise MEET Digital Communication S.r.l., Milano (IT). The total project budget is 248,771.00 EUR, European Commission (EACEA) is co-financing 80% or 199,017.00 EUR, and the remaining 20% of funds will provide project partners from local, regional, and/or national sources.

The primary objective of the project is to encourage a greater number of female artists to engage with what is the currently most innovative field of new technologies and new artistic media, specifically blockchain and NFT. NFT, or non-fungible token, denotes cryptographically protected digital assets representing unique items such as artworks, providing easily verifiable proof of ownership over other unique forms of digital or “analog” assets. In contrast to, for example, Bitcoin, which can be exchanged for money or another cryptocurrency, each NFT is unique and cannot be replaced by another.

The project addresses the topic of gender equality in the NFT art market and places women artists at the heart of all project activities, including workshops, conferences, lectures, artistic residencies, and exhibitions.

Please find the open call here.

The aim is to educate, present, and promote female artists in the field of digital art, as well as to encourage the construction and development of their professional and critical discourse in this innovative and young artistic medium. The two most prominent public events will be an exhibition featuring around 10 visual NFT artists at the 5th Industrial Art Biennial at one of the two planned underground locations in Istria, and sound NFT artists at the Sonica Festival in Ljubljana, both in 2025. Additionally, an international conference dedicated to new trends and issues in the crypto/NFT art market will be held during the Labin Biennial. The project includes research-based artistic residencies for digital artists in Labin and Istria, studio visits to the MEET Digital Culture Centre in Milan, the launch of an online portal for blockchain/crypto education, blockchain art workshops (including sound workshops), and the presentation of the workshop results at exhibitions in Labin, Ljubljana, and Milan.


Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union the European Agency for Education and Culture (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.

Go up

Museum of Transitory Art

MoTA –

Museum of Transitory Art

MoTA is a multidisciplinary platform dedicated to advancing the research, production and presentation of transitory, experimental, and live art forms.

MoTA is a museum without a permanent collection or a fixed space. Instead, its programs are realised in different locations and contexts in temporary physical and virtual spaces.

MoTA organizes and supports transitory art in the form of continuous events, exhibitions and educational programs both locally and internationally. As its name indicates, MoTA examines what a museum can be today and in the future.

MoTA is in constant search for the new, the uncertain, and the undefined.

MoTA works on several continuous programmes & projects. We run MoTA Point – a Space for Art & Ideas, we curate and produce the annual SONICA Festival, in addition to regular music programmes such as SONICA Series and SONICA Classics.

Within the years of running our residency programme, we’ve established T.R.I.B.E. – a network of residency spaces in the Balkans & Eastern Europe.

We’ve also initiated the research and archive platforms and Mediateque MoTA & Tomaž Brate. Our educational programmes serve a broader audience with ongoing workshops, talks, symposia, and internships.