SHAPE is a platform for innovative music and audiovisual art from Europe.
It consists of 16 festivals and art centres and aims to support, promote and exchange innovative and aspiring musicians and interdisciplinary artists with an interest in sound. SHAPE attempts to present a variety of idiosyncratic music and sonic art from all over Europe, and provide audiences and professionals with insightful lectures, talks and workshops by experts in various fields related to sound and performance.
Each year, the 16 involved associations will collectively choose 48 creatively strong artists and musicians to participate in a mix of live performances, residencies, workshops and talks across festivals and special events.
However, it is also possible for musicians and artists to apply for becoming participants of SHAPE for 2016 or 2017. Musicians are asked to send an approximately 10 minute long streamable video or audio excerpt of their live performance to info (at) shapeplatform (dot) eu.
Audiovisual artists are asked to send streamable video documentation of their work (up to 10 minutes in length) to the aforementioned e-mail. Materials that are not sent in accordance to these requirements, will not be considered.
As the creation of the annual SHAPE artist roster is rather complex and demands consensus from 16 different organizations, we will not be able to get back to artists or musicians with detailed evaluations of the submitted materials. However, they will be contacted in the case if they’re chosen for SHAPE rosters of 2016 or 2017.
SHAPE is a three-year initiative, co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union.
The member festivals and art centres of SHAPE are:
- Biennale Némo / ARCADI – Paris, FR
- CTM Festival / DISK e.V. – Berlin, DE
- Cynetart Festival / TMA Hellerau e.V. – Dresden, DE
- Festival Maintenant / Association Electroni[K] – Rennes, FR
- Insomnia Festival / Association – Tromso, NO
- Les siestes électroniques / Association Rotation – Toulouse, FR
- MeetFactory – Prague, CZ
- MoTA – Museum for Transitory Art – Ljubljana, SI
- musikprotokoll im steirischen herbst / ORF – Graz, AT
- RIAM Festival / Technè – Marseilles, FR
- Rokolectiv Festival / Association – Bucharest, RO
- Schiev Festival / Productions Associées – Brussels, BE
- Skaņu Mežs Festival / Association – Riga, LV
- TodaysArt Festival / The Generator Foundation – The Hague, NL
- UH Fest / Ultrasound Foundation – Budapest, HU
- Unsound Festival / Fundacja Tone – Krakow, PL